expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 12 September 2016

1.5 DAYS

What would you do if you only had a day and a half with the people you love?

What would you talk about? 

What would all of you do together? 



Good evening all you lovely people out there.

I just got back from a 2-day-trip not long ago. And I was feeling under the weather last week and I know that's not an excuse to go on a hiatus but just thought you should know why I disappeared for a week. Loads of crazy things happened last week and my brain could not fathom and take everything in and that was also one of the reasons I disappeared (more on that much later on though). I do apologize for the hiatus but I'm back now and I've got some cool and exciting posts coming up :)


So, back to my questions. 


What would you do if you only had 1.5 days with the people you love? Or 1.5 hours for that matter?

In my opinion, time is and always will be a limiting factor. There's never enough time when it comes to the people you love. 


My trip this time was to meet up with 2 of my uncles and also my brother. I haven't met my uncles for over 3 years now. They live in Sydney and I was in the UK for 3 years so it was almost impossible for a meet up. But we were all fortunate enough to meet up back here in Malaysia.


Why only 1.5 days? 


Because that was all the time we were given. Not by me, not by them. Not by anyone. Not by any choice. 

Here is what I did on the 1.5 days I had with them.

First of all, I didn't go all out and to the extreme to make it "the trip of my life". I didn't spend my time making unending lists of things to do with them. I didn't make any crazy plans.

Instead, I spent those days chilling with them. We spent time enjoying each other's company. And because we haven't seen each other in such a long time, I, for one, honestly didn't know where to begin or what topic to dive into first because there's just so much to talk about. But eventually, it's just enjoying our time together and talking about whatever that comes to mind.


Random subjects, life in general, catching up, little gossip sessions every now and again, crazy jokes. Everything. 



One of the things I've come to realize about myself as I grow older is that I appreciate and enjoy every moment spent with my loved ones more, whether it's talking absolute nonsense or saying nothing at all, and cherish all the memories I can ever get, whether it's through camera or through myself.

Everything that needs to be said and done will not necessarily be said and done at the end of the day. But it's just the company and comfort you get when you're spending time together that matters. And that, honestly, is more than enough for me.




What would you do? :)