expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Everything Will Change

..... whether you like it or not.




- This post is inspired by recent events -




Good evening my lovely readers.

First of all, is it me or is time passing quicker and quicker by the minute? I mean, can someone please just tell me where June has gone? Like OMG! This time last month, I was enjoying my time in Bali - walking on the sandy beach, getting sunburnt, having nice conversations with my boyfriend by the hotel pool, exploring new places. It literally feels like everything just happened yesterday.


Sometimes, the only thing I fear is time. I think the only thing I could FEAR and NEED at the same time is time itself. I fear closing my eyes one night and waking up the next day to see a 70-year-old grandma in the mirror. Yes, I'm referring to myself as the 70-year-old grandma. I mean, it still feels like yesterday that I've just graduated.




And then, in a blink of an eye........ everything has changed! 




I know I talk about time a lot but it's just because everything is happening too extremely fast! Even right at this very moment, I thought time would pass slowly because I'm not doing anything fun or challenging, but turns out time is still passing like a freakin' rocket everyday. The saying "time passes quickly when you're having fun" is false. Time passes just as quickly when you're not having fun. I guess it just depends on how a person sees the world and looks at things. 




With time, everything will change. 




I've been back in my hometown for over a week now and I've been catching up with some people who are close to me.

My cousin - whom I never got a chance to hang out with before we both started college and who happens to live right around the neighbourhood - completed her degree when I was in the UK and she's already been back here for 2 years. Like what the hell?! How has it been 2 years?! It doesn't even feel like I've been gone for that long!


My neighbour - whom I never got a chance to see ever since I turned 12 - is currently studying to be a doctor in Melbourne University. And since when did she turn 20?!?!??! The only memory I have of her was when we were literally 7-year-old kids playing on the field outside our houses. I'm turning 25 this year and she's turning 21 which means I haven't actually seen her in 12 years!


Everything seems different yet same somehow. My hometown hasn't changed much. I guess the only thing I'd say that has really changed for the past 3 years is that there are loads of new places to eat and hang out. Other than that, it's pretty much the same - the people, the food, the lifestyle

I guess, in a way, I am the one who's changed. I used to care so much about what people think about me - my size, skin colour, the spots on my face, how old I actually look. And I just get so paranoid over any of those things. But this time round, I couldn't give 2 shits about what people think of me or what they're saying behind me or in front of me.


"You become your environment" -

- is what my wise manager in UK taught me. If you surround yourself with idiots or negativity, you're no better than any of them. If you surround yourself with good people, you get good vibes from your surroundings. If you hang out with certain people for too long, you become like them or vice versa. I mean, I should know this because I am becoming more and more like my boyfriend (thanks Trev). I've changed my mindset over the past few years. I've decided not to live for the opinions of other people. I've decided to enjoy my life as best I can. I've decided that I only want good and positive vibes and people in my life. I've decided to be happy.





Change is part of life.




I guess what I'm really trying to say here is that everything will change eventually whether you like it or not - for better or for worse - because time changes everything and everyone. I will always fight to be a better version of myself and if that means changing for the better, I'm willing to take the chance to change :D






P/S: Apologies for the hiatus :( 
But thank you for reading X