expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 1 June 2016

HELLO JUNE + HOMESICK

"The trouble is, you think you have time." - Buddha 




DAY 12 OF MY LITTLE ADVENTURES: WELCOMING JUNE + FEELING A LITTLE HOMESICK


OK. Before I start, please tell me I'm not the only one who sometimes wish that time would just stop for 5 minutes and give me a break.

I honestly cannot believe it's already June. It feels like just yesterday I talked about how I can't believe it's May. In that post, I told myself that I should always ask myself these questions at the end of every month:

1) What have you done in May (or whichever month) that you're proud of?
2) What have you done in May (or whichever month) that you're happy and grateful for? 


Last month, I was struggling with these 2 questions (you can revisit the post here).

But today, as I'm writing up this post right now, I can name so many things that I've done last month and things that I'm proud of. I'm especially proud of myself for having the strength to continue on writing about my life and events surrounding my life everyday. I think it's safe to say I've spent my time wisely :)


So for once, I'm going to say "Hello June, I can't wait to see what you have to offer and what I can take from you." instead of "OMG! It's June. What am I doing with my life?!". Because this time, I know what I'm doing.

I'm living.

And I hope all of you are to :)



I've just been having loads of "me" time these 2 days. Which means meditating more and relaxing more. This is mainly because the weather has been absolute crap but also because I've been a little ill and homesick.

Most of you know that I'm going back to my country in 2 weeks time. To be honest, I am missing my home - A LOT! Yes, it took me almost 3 years to feel homesick :P Most people feel homesick the first few weeks away from home, but not me. Nah-uh. 3 years! I don't really know what that says about me (lol)!

I miss my family, friends, food (the 3 important "F"s in life haha) but most of all, I miss my dogs. I miss being able to drive.


Oh just one of my dogs. She's soooo cute!!! I mean, just look at her!

I haven't even started packing yet because everything is just happening too fast! Sometimes, I fear that the next minute I open my eyes and look in the mirror, I would see a 70-year-old me with white hair and wrinkled skin. Time is just flying by quicker and quicker each day. It's like being on a Corkscrew roller coaster instead of a Ferris Wheel.

In all honesty though, I am excited to finally go home. And I'm also excited for my little trip before actually going back to my hometown.


THINGS TO CROSS OFF MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST: MEDITATE 



P/S: By "me" time, I also mean me having cake. Haha! Since the weather has been bad almost everyday, I've been at home eating this Red Velvet Cake my boyfriend got for me on Saturday.


Sorry summer bod! Haha! Never had one anyway XD