expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 26 May 2016

QUITTING MY JOB + BAKING

Hello my lovelies

I'm just going to get straight to the point without giving any long intro :)


DAY 6 OF MY LITTLE ADVENTURES: QUITTING MY OFFICE JOB + VICTORIA SPONGE CAKE



I handed in my 2 weeks notice yesterday in the office.

I've got to tell you, it is an amazing feeling to quit a job that you do not like. Don't get me wrong, I'm good at what I do but I just don't like it. This job has made me realize that working the usual 9-5 job for the rest of my life is not my thing. Mum, if you're reading, I guess that's the only thing you're right about me. I do not fit in this sort of life. 

I totally admire people who work 9-5 jobs and love it. Honestly, hats off to you. I want to be you but I can never be. 

Quitting this job has made me realize that I'm not cut out for a desk job. I want to be out and about instead of facing the computer 8 hours a day. I may be too quick to judge because I've only ever had one office job before and it's this one.

However, I have learned so much from here. I work closely with the manager. I get to communicate with people from Europe and China and deal with money, transactions and payments. At the same time, I also get to relax in the office on days when I really just need to sit down, be warm on days that are just too cold outside. I don't regret any of my time spent here. The manager has taught me so much - not just about this job but about life in general. He has been like a friend to me this whole time and I'm glad I got a chance to work with him. From the very day he interviewed me until today. He's been pushing me to go after what I want in life and whenever something goes wrong, he'll be there to encourage me.

Quitting is such a big step for me but I'm glad I did it because now I know how I really feel about everything.

SOMETHING NEW: WELL, QUITTING IS NOT SOMETHING I GET TO DO EVERYDAY NOW IS IT?

The weather yesterday was absolutely horrid. It was like a miserable winter's day basically. Just dark all day, no sun, no warmth, dark clouds, black sky - awful. Obviously, I couldn't do much in that crappy weather.

So I came home from work and asked my housemate what he would do on such a gloomy day. He said bake. I thought it was a good idea because I haven't baked in ages. And he said the only cake he ever eats is Victoria Sponge Cake, which is so very English of him.


I never thought of making a Victoria Sponge Cake ever. I don't really know why. But I decided to make it yesterday and boy oh boy, it was gooooood! Not going to lie, had it for breakfast this morning with a cup of tea - it was awesome.


Take a look. It's simple but really good. If you've never baked Victoria Sponge before, you should. It's easy and it tastes amazing, especially with a cup of tea :)


SOMETHING I LOVE: BAKING

SOMETHING NEW: MADE VICTORIA SPONGE CAKE




Hope you're all having a wonderful day



X