expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 5 April 2016

No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake

I've seen so many no-bake chocolate cheesecake recipes on-line and on baking magazines. So I decided to take a couple of ideas here and there and modify the ingredients and make my very own no-bake chocolate cheesecake recipe :)

Well, I won't really call it my recipe anyway.


As you all know, when it comes to cakes and desserts, I'm always adding less sugar than expected and trying to find a healthier substitute because I'm "healthy" like that. Oh who am I kidding! Healthy cakes? HAHAHHAA!


Anyway, I tried this out on Sunday and only got to taste it last night (Monday night) because I had to chill it overnight. It tasted amazing! (I mean, I am of course going to say that :P)


Enough talking. Here are the pictures and recipes :) Whooop whoooop....





INGREDIENTS




BASE:


  • 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
  • 2 tsp cocoa powder
  • 150g butter, melted
Basically, combine these 3 ingredients well and press it into whatever cake tin you want to use (I used a round cake tin). Then let it chill in the fridge while you're preparing the filling. 





FILLING:

  • 1 tbs gelatin
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 250g cream cheese
  • 3/4 cup castor sugar
  • 2 tbs lemon juice
  • 300ml double cream
  • 175g dark chocolate
  1. Combine gelatin and hot water and set aside. Warning: this might smell terrible to some people so put it as far as possible.
  2. Combine cream cheese and castor sugar until smooth and then add lemon juice.
  3. Whip the double cream until soft peaks form. Add this cream to the cream cheese mixture. 

4. Microwave the dark chocolate until melted and whisk into cream cheese mixture.




5. Pour onto base and chill overnight (I thought it can be chilled for 2 hours but the mixture was still runny so I decided to chill it overnight to be sure).




DECORATION:

  • 200g dark chocolate
  • 3 tbs milk
  • Walnuts (or any other nuts you like)
  • Kinder Bueno (or any other chocolate snacks you like)
Basically, just melt dark chocolate and milk in microwave and pour it onto the filling. Decorate with walnuts and chocolates. Set aside at room temperature for about 20 minutes or chill it for 10 minutes (totally up to you). 











Voila!  











Enjoy



X