expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Blueberry and Passionfruit Cheesecake Recipe

Hello my lovely foodies


Sorry for the tiny hiatus again. But I'm here now :)


I have a really interesting and "fruity" cheesecake recipe to share with all of you today. I actually think this is the healthiest cheesecake I've ever made in my life. Haha!

I was really craving for some blueberries the other day because I read an article on how they benefit the skin and how healthy it is to have blueberries in your diet. But I didn't just want to have the fruit itself.

Blueberries can go with almost everything.

  • You can have it by itself
  • Blueberries with yogurt
  • Blueberry muffins
  • Blueberry pancakes
You see where I'm going with this. 


My mind was already set on cake but I didn't want it to be just a blueberry cake. So, I looked for any recipes I could find with blueberries and other fruits combined in a cake. There were some options like strawberries and raspberries. But nothing really caught my eye. I then thought of Passionfruit and looked for any recipes I could find on that. 

So here are some bits and pieces of recipes I took here and there to make this delicious "healthy" blueberry and passionfruit cheesecake :) 




INGREDIENTS:


Trusty little helpers 



BLUEBERRY COMPOTE:

  • 100g blueberries 
  • 1/2 tbs lemon juice
  • 4 tsp icing sugar
Simmer these ingredients in a pan under a low heat until everything is combined and you get a thick syrupy sauce. Set aside to cool completely.




CHEESECAKE:
  • 200g shortbread biscuits
  • 40g melted butter
  • 405g condensed milk
  • 410g (2x205g) tubs mascarpone cheese
  • 3 tbs lemon juice
  • 5 passionfruit (to decorate) 
1) Line baking tin with tin foil or baking paper. 

2) Combine biscuits and butter together and press it onto the baking tin as the cake base. Chill for 10 mins as you are preparing other ingredients.




3) Add condensed milk, cheese and lemon juice in a large bowl and mix until everything is combined. 




4) Pour 1/2 the cream mixture onto biscuit base. Make a well in the centre, spreading out to seal the edges of the cake tin.

5) Pour the blueberry compote in the centre and pour remaining cream mixture on top to cover the blueberry. Chill for 4-5 hours.




6) Cut 5 passionfruits to decorate the top of the cake. 






Voila! 



Let me know what you think about this cake once you've tried it. I would love to see some pictures of it. 



Enjoy!



X