expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 29 February 2016

Pancakes

It was Pancakes Day 3 weeks ago, or Shrove Tuesday as some would call it. And I think it's time for me to admit something.

Here it goes....

I've never made pancakes from scratch before in my entire 23 years of living. I've always been the "one buying ready-made ones from the supermarket and heating those up and pouring maple syrup or honey and it's good to go" type of person.

But like I said, this year, I want to explore more and expand my knowledge in culinary arts. I don't want to just be good at baking because let's face it, anyone can bake if they follow a given recipe.

From my personal experience and point of view, it's easy to switch or substitute ingredients when cooking but when it comes to baking, you best follow the exact measurements and ingredients given. UNLESS you have full confidence in what you're doing/making.

BACK TO PANCAKES!

I always thought that there was only one type of pancake, which are the ones sold in supermarket. But apparently NOT! I just found out on Pancakes Day that there are American and British versions of pancakes. And I've been having the American version my entire life.



The American version is sort of like the ones we see on TVs, whereas the British version is sort of like a thin wrap with fillings inside. Both tastes amazing! The only difference I would say is the American version is much more filling as compared to the British ones because it's thicker and we stack layers upon layers of pancakes on a plate. The British ones are just wraps, basically.


So yeah. I was craving for some pancakes and decided to write and share this post. I was using this recipe on Pancakes Day but switched it up a bit this time and it tasted sooooooooo GOOOOOD! And it's super easy to make too!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 100g self-raising flour (The original was plain flour)
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 300ml evaporated milk (The original one was semi-skimmed milk)
  • 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil + extra for frying (The original one was sunflower oil)
Basically, all you need to do is mix the flour and salt together. Make a well in the center. Add the eggs and 50ml of milk in the center and start whisking. Gradually add more milk until the texture is sort of watery instead of thick. 



Make sure the pan is hot enough and there's enough oil in the pan so it will be easier to flip it. 





Decorate how ever you want and put whatever toppings you like. 



:D

Nutella + Honey



Strawberry jam + Maple Syrup

<3 p="">