expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 27 November 2018

TOP 5 BEACHES I'VE VISITED IN 2018

You all know that I'm an absolute sucker for beaches. I've mentioned it many times, in fact. The beach is one of my happy places.



A couple of days ago, I was thinking about how fortunate I am to have the opportunity to visit several beaches across various countries this year. 

I'm not one of those people that would like to visit every beach there ever is in the world, but I love myself a good beach. And by good beach, I mean fine sands, clean waters, not-too-crowded, a nice little spot to read a book and tan. I'm not too fussed about sea activities. I much prefer to lay down and enjoy the sound of the waves instead of participate in those activities. However, I do not mind the occasional snorkeling. It's interesting as heck.

I will not be travelling in December as I love staying in for Christmas. It's something I realized about myself these few years. I used to love going away for Christmas but now, I love staying home, being with a few close friends and family, making gingerbread men (if I have time, of course), watch Christmas films, etc... I mean, that's just one of the best things ever.


So, I'm just going to wrap up my travels for 2018, starting with the top 5 beaches I've seen this year.


5: Krabi, Thailand

My friend and I went to Maya Bay and it was just amazing. I mean, come on, "The Beach" by Leonardo DiCaprio was filmed there! It was beautiful and all, however, one thing I did not enjoy was how crowded it was. It was so difficult to find a spot to sit and relax.




4: Hatyai, Thailand

Again, my friend and I visited Thailand and we found this lovely beach called "Samila Beach". It's probably an hour's drive from Hatyai itself but totally worth it. This was much emptier but it's because it's not as commercialized. We practically owned a part of the beach whilst we were there.




3: Koh Lipe, Thailand 

Back in April, I visited this island during Easter holidays. It's a really small island and frankly, quite crowded. I personally would not go back there for anything apart from the beach and the chilled vibes in the chalet. However, the beach was just crystal clear. Absolutely spectacular.




2: Langkawi, Malaysia 

I am quite surprised. I was going through my pictures and re-living some memories and Langkawi beach definitely belong in second place. First, it's clean. Second, it's not crowded. Third, it has one of the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen.



1: Lombok, Indonesia 

As much as I love Thailand, Lombok beach was definitely the most amazing one I've visited this year. The beaches met all of my standards. Of course, it's unfortunate with all the earthquakes that happened a few months ago but I will 100% go back to Lombok for another visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment