expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 28 November 2018

TOP 3 MOST MEMORABLE TRIPS IN 2018

As I mentioned in my previous post, I will not be travelling in the month of December because I'd like to slow it down and enjoy Christmas with my friends and family. So, today's post is another wrap up of my travels in 2018.



Everytime I travel, I don't really expect much from the trip. What I mean by this is that I like the element of surprise - I don't plan what and when I want things to happen, I'd much rather explore places and be adventurous. This is to avoid any form of disappointment.

Of course, I do do a couple of research of places I want to visit and try to avoid places that are dangerous. But you get what I mean. Even if I have a place in mind, if I don't get to visit that particular place, I wouldn't mind visiting other recommended places. It's all about the exploration, the experience and the adventure for me. Then of course there's the relaxation part and what kind of vibes I get from visiting different places.


So, here are 3 of my most memorable trips this year.


3: Nha Trang, Vietnam (May 2018)

This trip was an interesting experience for me. I had never been to Vietnam ever. I don't know a single Vietnamese word - not even hello or thank you (because normally, you would know how to say most hellos and thank yous in different languages). I got off the plane not knowing anything about Vietnamese culture but that was the exciting part. My friend and I planned this trip 2 weeks beforehand. We had seen pictures of the beach in Nha Trang and thought we should make a visit before it becomes commercialized.

Everything is so different over there. People are friendly, the food is amazing, in fact, I think I fell in love with Vietnamese cuisine after this trip.


The beach was amazing. I remember my friend falling asleep after 15 minutes of tanning. I was reading a book and soaking in every second of being there. We were only there for 3 days but it was great. I'm definitely going back to Vietnam for another visit.




2: Lombok, Indonesia (June 2018)

I remember this being an impromptu trip. My uncle decided to fly in from Australia because he had extra time off and we both decided on Lombok immediately. First of all, we booked this wonderful AirBnB villa and the staffs were so friendly it made a good first impression.


One thing I loved about this trip is of course, the beaches. I think we got to visit 2-3 different beaches. I also remember talking to my uncle about my life and all. It was a nice, relaxing getaway filled with positive vibes. I remember coming back from the trip feeling recharged and ready to take on the world.


I also enjoyed the fact that everywhere was walking distance. I got to experience one of the most beautiful views I will ever see and also had the pleasure of making friends with the locals over there. I will definitely come back to Lombok for another visit. It's honestly one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited.



1: Penang, Malaysia (Nov 2018) 

I have been to many places this year but I do feel like no matter where you go, it's the company that counts. This month, I decided to spend my birthday with 2 of my closest friends in Penang. If I'm being completely honest, being in Penang did not even feel like being in Malaysia. It felt like I was in another different country. I absolutely loved that feeling.


Of course, like I said, I think what made this trip so special is because of the people around me. I got to experience loads of things actually: first time going to an archery session, first time jet-skiing, first time driving in a place I don't know. It was an amazing experience. You can check the vlog out :)



No comments:

Post a Comment