expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 5 September 2018

Things (I Want) To Do in September + Mini Life Update

Did not expect the month of September to roll in this quickly but welcome to a brand new month! 



I know it is the 5th of September (like wtf? Already the 5th?!) but I did sit down and I did think about what I want to prioritize this month and why.

I was meditating over the weekend, trying to fathom how 31 days could pass so quickly and what I've actually achieved in August. And it's scary because now, I'm starting to think that 12 months in a year is just not enough. So much to do yet so little time. Yes, shocking for me to reach this stage, I know, but I guess I'm starting to really "adult" this year. I mean, took me long enough (only 26 years to grow up) ! Although I did manage to tick off all of the boxes in my August list, I still feel dissatisfied. Hence, I want to also want to remind myself why I chose to do all these things.


So, here are some of the things I would like to do this month and the reasons behind it.


1. Spring clean my wardrobe 

The amount of crap I own in my closet is just unreal. I can't say I want to be one of those inspiring bloggers who can be a minimalist when it comes to clothing but I do want to be a smart spender when it comes to clothing. I live right above an HnM store and the amount of times I've went into the store just to buy something unnecessary is honestly unbelievable. When I'm stressed out, I hit the store. When I'm mad or angry, I spend recklessly on clothes. So, NO MORE! I am going to clean out my wardrobe this weekend.



2. Build my stamina 

One thing I'm proud to say is that I've caught up with my exercise regimes. It's nothing major and nothing fancy. I just try to fit in swimming whenever I can and a couple of my friends actually told me I look toner and healthier. And I feel that way too. But I'm not just talking about my stamina when it comes to exercise. I'm talking about my mental health game and how I go about my life on a daily basis. You may or may not know, I've been waking up at 4 in the morning everyday because I start work at 6. It's no easy task and I do feel like I'm floating most times but I'm slowly getting used to it. 2 days ago, I had a really bad migraine. I almost could not get out of bed but I went to work anyway. I know I can't be too hard on myself, but I also can't be too easy on myself. Today, as I'm writing this, I feel so much better. So, I'm slowly training myself and building my stamina.



3. Make time for friends and family

Last month, I wanted to make a trip back home but did not manage to do so because of work. My parents came to the city and I just really wanted to see them. Of course I miss my friends back home and I will visit home soon but right now, whenever my friends come to the city, I will try to make an effort to see them. Because I realized that when you can't rely on yourself, you turn to your family and your closest friends. So this month, I will try to allocate some of my time to friends and family who are visiting.



4. Work with passion 

One thing I've realized is that lately, I work like a zombie, a robot. Everything is so routined that I just don't have that fire in me. But with the work I do, it requires creativity so I don't really get stuck in a routine that long. When I was hosting an event last month, I finally found that fire again. When people came up to me saying "I listen to your show in the morning. You're really inspiring" or "You make me laugh in the mornings" or "I want to be like you", hearing those things from strangers, it just reminds me why I'm doing what I'm doing. Even though it's not millions of people screaming my name, I do take everyone's opinion into consideration. Criticisms, compliments, everything. So, I do not want to be like 95% of the world's population and work just to put food on the table, but I want to do what I do because I flippin' love it. Do what I love with passion to support myself.



5. Take time to reflect 

As I mature, I do feel like time passes quicker and quicker. Even when I'm attending some boring meetings, the meetings end quickly (not even sure what's up with that). I fear today, I look at myself in the mirror and see a 26-year-old me, and the next minute, I look in the mirror and see a grey-haired 70-year-old me. That shit scares me. So, I do want to start taking a couple of minutes in a day to reflect on what I've done and what makes me happy and focus more on that. Otherwise, what's the use of even doing what you're doing?





August was a rather challenging month for me, but I managed to handle it with grace and finesse (I would think so). Besides the 2-day migraine I had at the start of this month, I know that September will be an OK month for me. What are some of your goals for this month? Let me know in the comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment