expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 3 January 2018

5 Life Lessons I'm Taking With Me Into 2018

Goodbye 2017, Hello 2018



Somehow, saying those words just get more mundane each year. I love how we start fresh and start clean when the clock hits 12 midnight, but here's something for you.



Does your life really restart when a new year rolls in? 



Well, that's for you to decide.




2017 has been another roller coaster ride for me. I've had my fair shares of ups and downs. But to be completely honest with you, I have learned so much about myself, about the world, about people, about everything, really. It was a great year of learning and I don't intend to ever stop learning.


For me, a new year is just that. A new year. I mean, we all get excited for countdowns and throwing away old calendars and starting a new one. Some of us may even forget all the bad things that has happened and start clean. A new year is one way to start fresh, that's for sure. It gives us all some kind of reassurance.


But anyway, here are 5 things I've learned in 2017 that I will be taking with me this year.


1. You can't control everything!

No matter how nice of a person you are, you can't satisfy everyone around you. So, don't sweat it. Life is not meant to be wasted on stressing out pleasing others.



2. Don't let people get you down!

People have mouths. Therefore, people will always talk. You can't control what comes out of their mouths even if you've been a nice person. People have their own opinions. As long as you've done nothing wrong to them, move on and don't let anyone affect you.



3. Always spread positive vibes! 

If you get bad vibes from someone or something, always trust your instincts. Walk away immediately. Life's too short to be surrounded with negativity.



4. Don't let money control you! 

Money. Ah money. It plays a very important role in our lives but money seriously isn't everything. It's good to have but don't ever let it cloud your thoughts. You could be the poorest person on earth and still be happy. Trust me, been there done that. It's all in the mindset.



5. Do what makes you happy! 

If filming or taking pictures or travelling makes you happy, do it. Because the time is now. This is all you have - NOW. If doing what makes you happy gets you your income, good on you. If it doesn't, still do it anyway because why the hell not? You only have one life, make it count!



I'm not too sure how 2018 will look like but I know I'll be taking these lessons that I've learned last year with me as a daily reminder.



What is the ONE life lesson you've learned in 2017? Let me know in the comments :) Also, let me know if you can relate to any of these lessons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment