expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 23 May 2017

What Would You Do If You Were Given $10,000?

Some people could only dream of ever having $10,000 in their bank accounts. Some probably think $10,000 is not a big deal. What I'm trying to say is, there are so many different types of people in the world who view things differently, including money, of course.





But what if someone actually hands me $10,000, what exactly would I do?


Let me just start by saying - the possibilities are endless.


Now, because of my Accounting and Finance background, when it comes to numbers and money, I can be pretty specific. And here's how I would allocate my $10,000.



CHARITY AND GOOD CAUSE

15% would definitely go to charity and things that are important to me, for example, animal shelter, children and families in need, and just general things that I care about because as much as I want all $10,000 to myself, I don't think I can ever live with myself for spending it all on me.




FAMILY AND CLOSE FRIENDS

I would definitely give 20% of it to my family and close friends. Although I don't normally lend money to anyone, because let's face it, that's what banks are for, if a close friend were to ask me for some money, I would definitely help that friend out.




TRAVELLING

Now here's the fun part. 40% of the money would definitely go to travel expenses. And here's how it would work out:

10% on flight tickets:

Among the places on my bucket list - Switzerland, Maldives, Mumbai, New York, Brazil. I mean, I would like to visit these 5 places before adding more places on to my list :P



15% on hotels/accommodations

I'm definitely the type of person that needs a clean bathroom and a nice bed. Some 3-star hotels do do a good job but I mean, if I had extra money to spend, I'd definitely go higher than a 3-star hotel.



12% on FOOD!

Let's face it. I'm a foodie. I don't mind eating street food. However, a couple of fine dining won't hurt too :P And let's not forget snacks and junk food.



3% on transportation

Whenever I go on holiday, I think I spend 70% of the time walking and I'm OK with that. So, I would be a bit smarter when it comes to transportation.





SHOPPING

Now that we've established the travelling part, I would actually spend the remaining 25% on shopping. I am ashamed to say that I'm a full-on shopaholic. Even when I know I don't need that shirt in all 5 colours, I'd still get all 5 - which is something I'm trying to work on right now.





Whoever says money can't buy happiness obviously didn't know how to spend their money wisely because believe it or not, money makes things easier and when things are easier, you are less stressed. And when you are less stressed out, you become a happier person.





It all depends on your perspectives on money and how you actually spend it. So, let me ask you a question. If someone gave you $10,000 right now, what would you do with it? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment