expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 14 August 2016

5 HOMEMADE MOCKTAILS TO TRY THIS WEEK

Greetings all you lovely people out there!

It's 10:30pm where I am right now, which means my weekend is almost over. Now, I'm not really the type of person who only lives for the weekend - I used to be but I'm not anymore (at least I don't think so).


I think I've mentioned this a couple of times in my blog already actually. I see Sundays as a day of relaxation and pampering. I also mentioned in last Sunday's post that I want to make Sundays more fun instead of sitting on my lazy bottom like a couch potato. I think it's OK, sometimes, to go to the extreme to make Sundays fun but not every single Sunday :) Because after all, Sundays are meant to be rest days.


*back to my little blog post*



I've been really loving mocktails at the moment. Not too sure where that obsession came from but I just feel nice not being tipsy or drunk every time I drink. Mocktails are basically non-alcoholic cocktails. So, instead of vodka or whiskey, etc, soda water or fruit juices, etc, will be substitutes. Hence, the word "MOCKtail".

In my previous post, I mentioned that I made a couple of mocktails for my slumber party. I tried making some more today and perfecting some of the recipes that I messed up that night. So, I'm going to share 5 mocktail recipes with you - one mocktail for each day :) Or you can have all 5 in a day (only if you really want to though).

These recipes are super quick and easy. Literally, all you need to do is mix together all the ingredients provided below. You can enjoy them on a cool, breezy evening or a blazing hot afternoon. Either way, they're just amazing. However, the recipes that I'm sharing with you is only made for 1 person. If you're looking to make a larger amount, just multiply the ingredients by the amount of people you're serving :) So, here goes.



MONDAY: VIRGIN MOJITO


I feel like you need something strong to start your week. Virgin mojitos are great to kick start your week. Depending on how strong you want it to be, you can alter the amount of lime juice used in the recipe. However, I feel like I need a bit of a strong, bitter beverage to kick start my week :)

- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon white sugar/brown sugar
- 7 pieces of mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice (this is the part where you can alter)
- 1 cup club soda
- mint and lime slices (to decorate)



TUESDAY: CRAN-APPLE CIDER


Second day of the week - still a long way to go. You still need something a little strong to get you through the week. Apple cider gives out a slightly sour taste. Some might actually find it slightly bitter. If you find it bitter, you can choose to add a little sugar for this. I, however, didn't add any sugar because I felt like everything was just nicely combined.

- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup apple cider
- sugar (optional)



WEDNESDAY: COCONUT AND CUCUMBER COBBLER 


It's almost Thursday - come on, we can do this! For me, Wednesdays are a little blend and mundane for me. It's like half of the week is gone but you want the day to be over quicker. Is that just me? Haha! But it's also the time to get ready to chill out. This drink is actually quite blend but it gets you ready for the next few days :D

- 2 cups coconut water/coconut juice
- 2 cucumbers, sliced very thinly
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- pinch of sugar (optional)
- 4 mint leaves, chopped



THURSDAY: SPARKLING SANGRIA


So close to Friday - YES! Time to sweeten things up a bit because we've all had a tiring week so far. Personally, I love Sangria cocktail as it is. However, I wanted to try a non-alcoholic version and see what it tastes like. And it's just as amazing as the cocktail itself! THIS IS SUPER EASY TO MAKE!

- 2 cups sparkling grape juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 apple, sliced
- 5 grapes, sliced (and leave some for decoration)



FRIDAY: FAUX CHAMPAGNE (MY FAVOURITE!) 


OMG TGIF! Weekend is finally upon us! No other better beverage to celebrate the weekend than a glass of champagne :) This is my favourite mocktail out of the 5. It just gives out that Friday feeling. I know it sounds insane, considering it's just a drink, but this faux champagne is literally one of the best things I've ever tasted, and I'm not just saying that because I made it. Do give this one a go :)

- 1 cup Ginger ale/ginger beer (although it's called beer, it doesn't really have alcohol in it)
- 1 cup Lychee drink/white grape juice (whichever you can get hold of)
- 1 cup orange juice/pineapple juice (this brings out the champagne colour)
- Frozen grapes (to decorate)





There you go. My 5 easy and simple mocktail recipes for you to try this week. Hope you guys enjoy it! X