expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 12 June 2016

FINAL DAYS AT WORK + FAREWELL GIFTS

Good evening my lovely readers

Today's post is just going to be really simple and a little personal.


DAY 18 OF MY LITTLE ADVENTURES: 2 FINAL DAYS AT WORK + FEW THOUGHTFUL FAREWELL GIFTS 



So as most of you know, I handed in my notice 2 weeks ago and yesterday was finally my last day at work. I feel happy and somewhat sad at the same time. I didn't think I would feel this way at all. A month ago, when I had this whole plan to quit both jobs in my head, I felt happy. I felt like I was finally going to be free! Thursday was my last shift as a waitress and yesterday was my last shift as a Project Manager.

Before actually quitting my jobs, I thought no one would give a single shit about me leaving. Because it's not like they can't find someone better than me to do the job or I'm just another employer leaving the company. Until my last days of working, I still felt that way.

So what made me think otherwise?

Let me start off with the waitress job. 


On Thursday, I finally realized how attached I am to the people at work and how much they've changed my life, how much impact they've had on me, and how much my boss actually values me. Set aside the fact that I've been working there for 2 and a half years. 


My boss took me out for coffee while I was on my 3-hour break. And he got personal with me and told me everything. From how he feels about each and every staff, to what happened in the past. I feel somewhat privileged to sit with him while he poured his heart out to me. I mean, I know I'm trustworthy (well, my close friends know it) but I didn't think I would ever be an employee that would earn his trust. It felt good. It was a refreshing feeling.

Meanwhile, the manager of the restaurant gave me a little goodbye speech in private which was very much appreciated. I've never seen him as the type of person that would give two fucks (I'm sorry, I really needed to use that word because that's the only way I can describe his personality) about anyone. He is a good person, don't get me wrong. But he is really quiet when it comes to talking to staffs. It's really good actually because that way. he keeps a safe distance from all the employees so that he won't be bias to anyone. And that's what I like about him. But when I received a little speech from him, not going to lie, I almost shed a tear. To cut it short, he told me I will always be welcomed to go back if I needed a job or anything.


My final shift as a waitress with these lovely people

It's funny how I feel so connected to these people considering they all came in later than me. I guess once you have your gang, you know it yourself. You feel safe with them and you can tell them anything. That's how I feel with them. We don't work together everyday and we don't see each other everyday but there's just the feeling of comfort when I'm with them. And I am forever grateful. I will never ever ever ever forget this moment.

Now, let me get on with my last day as a Project Manager yesterday.

I would never in a million years thought I would get an office job because I just have no confidence in what I do. But the manager was just such a nice man. Not going to lie, he can be a dick at times, but so does all the managers in the world.


He is probably one of the best people I've worked for. He's been nothing but a friend to me. Everytime I work with him in the office, it feels more like a party than work. He's been so encouraging and always supporting me. And honestly, I didn't think he would give a single fuck (again, this word is very much needed) about me leaving because of how he complains about all the previous staffs.

Instead, at 4 p.m., he asked me to home and enjoy the rest of my day. Before I left the office, he even handed me a little gift and a card. This absolutely took me by surprise as he doesn't look like the type of person who buys gifts for people. Haha. But I received a bottle of Jack Daniels and a nice little card with a nice little speech in it. I'm not even joking, I almost cried!

He gave me a nice goodbye speech in person as well. And to cut it short again, he told me the door is always open for me if I come back to Sunderland.


Alcohol and chocolate - PERFECT FAREWELL GIFTS! Haha!

I honestly didn't think I would be welcomed back to work for either of my companies but I'm so happy to hear that from them. I guess I sort of made an impact on their lives too. Haha!!! Who am I kidding! I'm just a simple girl :)

Now that I'm temporary jobless, I feel somewhat naked. Haha. But I feel relaxed too. We'll see what happens next though :D




Hope you're all having a great weekend so far!


X