expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 8 June 2016

BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE PARK + 5 KGS OF WATERMELON

Good evening my lovely readers

Today's post is back to my normal self. No more emotional speeches or sad goodbyes :)


DAY 16 OF MY LITTLE ADVENTURES: ICE CREAM IN THE PARK + WORLD'S BIGGEST WATERMELON



Can I just say, ever since Sunday, we have been having glorious weather here in the UK. It is very much starting to feel like summer. I could really use some sun, to be honest with you. I mean, as much as I love the cold, I do appreciate the bright, hot sun now and again. But that also means more flies flying around, greasy hair, sweaty face and less time to sleep because the sun just hits you right in the eyes at 5 a.m. in the morning!

It was the perfect weather for a nice little walk in the park yesterday. It wasn't scorching hot and it wasn't too windy. My definition of perfect weather. We decided to get some ice-cream and enjoy them in the park as we lie on the bed of daisies and talk absolute nonsense.


I had such a lovely time. Like I said previously, I do appreciate a nice, relaxing time in the park with my loved ones. I love sitting on the grass, listening to the birds, looking out for rabbits and squirrels, appreciating fresh air, taking in the sun - just appreciating nature, in general. I mean, it's just a perfect place to clear my head.


As most of you know, I am kind of emotional lately because I feel like my time here in the UK isn't over yet. But all good things must come to an end. I am also sad that time flew by so quickly and anxious about going back to meet my family and friends whom I haven't seen for 3 years. Here I go, getting anxious again. Hence, my many trips to the park.

But I really did enjoy myself. Clearing my head and bracing myself for what is to come :) You live everyday and you die once. Why not make everyday worth living? Am I right? :P


On a completely different note, there's this fruit stall near my place (which I think I've previously mentioned as well) that sells almost every kind of fruit.

We spotted a 10-kg-watermelon which was selling at £10! I couldn't believe my eyes! It was honestly the biggest watermelon I've ever seen in my entire life! We decided to ask for half instead of the whole thing because there was absolutely no way we could've finished 10 kilos of watermelon. We got 5 kilos instead. And here's a fact: we only managed to finish 2.5 kilos yesterday.


That was definitely something I've never seen before. So obviously, I had to buy it. Impulse purchase xP. If anyone wants some fresh watermelon, you're more than welcome to come over and have them. Haha!




Wednesday tomorrow! Can't believe I'll be travelling in a week's time! EEEEK!


X