expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 18 April 2016

Cookies n Cream Cake Recipe

As most of you will know by now, I bake every Sunday and post my "Sunday Bakes" on Monday. Weird, I know, but that's how I do things. Haha.

Whenever it comes to ice-cream, I usually go for something really different. By this, I mean, no vanilla, no strawberry, no chocolate. I had cookies n cream flavoured ice-cream not long ago and just loved it. So, I of course decided to make cookies n cream cake :)

As usual, I took bits and pieces of ingredients from different recipes and made myself a little Sunday treat.

To be perfectly honest with you, I thought this would be hard to make but it turned out to be one of the easiest cakes I've ever made. AND it tastes delicious. I mean, just look at that......



WHAT YOU'LL NEED:


This time, I brought out my trusty electric mixer because I was feeling a bit lazy and an electric mixer just seems right for the job :)


CAKE:



  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cups sour cream
  • 1/4 cups melted butter
  • 1/4 cups water
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 1 packet of cream-filled chocolate cookies, chopped (I used oreos)
CREAM:


  • 3/4 cups whipping cream
  • 2 tablespoon sugar
i) Heat oven to 180 degree celcius (Gas 4). Line a cake tin with aluminium foil.

ii) In a large bowl, beat all cake ingredients except cookies on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping the bowl constantly. Beat 2 minutes on high speed. Stir in the chopped cookies. Pour into cake tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the centre. Cool 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Let the cake cool completely.









iii) While waiting for the cake to cool, beat whipping cream and sugar in a chilled bowl on high speed until it's a cream mixture instead of watery mixture. I'd say beat about 2-3 minutes. Spread over the cooled cake. Decorate with extra cookies.








I used some more chopped oreos and also some Kitkats to decorate because why not? :)


Voila!











 

Enjoy!


X