expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 13 December 2020

10 Things To Do This December

2020 has been very different, to say the least. To be quite honest, I can't even believe we're in December already. It's kind of weird, because the month of March, April and May felt like 5 years. Then October came along and time just started flying by again. Next thing you know, here we are. I really hope all of you are doing well. 


This post is obviously 13 days too late but I'm still going to write about it anyway. Sometimes, things just happen so quickly and life just happens. So, I guess this post is kind of like a reminder for everyone, including myself. 



Since this December is quite different from most of the Decembers we've had, here are just some of the things I've come up with and have done since December 1st 2020. 


1. Try out some DIYs Christmas decorations or any kind of DIYs that tickle your fancy and get creative at home with the family/friends/partner. (Trust me, I was never into DIYs but decided to give it a go this festive month with the influence of my friend and it was honestly really fun!)


2. Make a budget and stick to it. (Before December even came, I told all of my friends and family members not to look for me for leisure activities and eating outdoors in January because I will be broke and I will be sad. So, I decided to make a budget instead so that I do not have to be fat, miserable, broke and unproductive next month)


3. Make your home as cozy as possible (while having Christmas music in the background just to get you going. Even if you live alone - like me - I'd still love to come home to a cozy, Christmassy looking home at the end of the day. It's a good jump start for the new year anyway. So, why not?)


4. Exercise when you have the time and when you can because it's going to be a food roller coaster this month (whether you are trying to gain weight or lose weight, don't neglect your body. Sweat it out when you get the time!)


5. Spend time with loved ones - friends, family, people elsewhere - via Zoom or phone calls. (I never get the time to really sit down and catch up with people who are close to me. So I've been setting some time aside for all my loved ones. Always check up on them when you can especially during these tough times)


6. Buy and reward yourself something you've wanted since the start of the year or since forever ago (because let's be honest, you freakin' deserve it! All of us do for making it this far!)


7. Write down 2 things you are grateful for everyday (because it's so easy to take life for granted while things are happening so quickly. Small things like "I witnessed a beautiful sunset this evening" or "I had a lovely meal with my friends today" are often taken for granted. So, 5 minutes each day to think about 2 good things that happened that day and you'll realized how blessed you are!)


8. Take some time to reminisce what has happened throughout the year and take some time to think about what goals you want to achieve next year following the new norm (trust me, it's harder than it seems but it's always nice to think about your goals or set your goals)


9. Greet people with a smile because come on, it's the most wonderful time of the year (My personal mission has always been to make one person smile a day since 3 years ago. So why not do it this festive season?)


10. Look back at your resolutions and see which one you can still achieve (for me, I wanted to read 10 books this year and I finally crossed that one out after reading 3 books last month)


Happy December, everyone! Stay safe x

No comments:

Post a Comment