expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 6 May 2019

Hello May

Holy shijmo! How are we already in the 5th month of 2019? Literally! 



I guess it's true what they say. Time flies when you're having fun. And that's exactly how I've been living. Having fun, living life on the edge, hustling, playing.

This morning at work, my co-worker asked me what my plan was for this month, and I said "April's gonna be fun". He looked confused because he also seemed to think it was April.

But I would rather be a "time flies" person than a "stuck in the sands of time" kind of person.



So much has happened within the past 4 months. My life really has been a roller coaster - challenging, rough, beautiful, amazing, beyond-what-I-would've-imagined.

First off, one thing I'm incredibly proud of, I've finally finished my first novel. And even if it's not going to be the best-seller, at least I know I've poured my heart and soul into it and that's the only thing that matters.


Second, I've experienced betrayal and heartbreak first-hand. Yes, obviously. I've ended a friendship. That's a long story for another day but basically, I'm just here to tell you that when someone says "I'll always be here for you", even if it's coming from a 50-year-old, always trust ACTIONS instead of words - unless of course if that person is one of your family members.

The friendship I've had with person has been amazing - a roller coaster ride would be an understatement. It's like you've known that person in a past life or something like that (if you believe in that kind of thing). But of course, I put my trust in the wrong person, thinking he is older and wiser, but that's really not the case. Do I regret knowing this person? Absolutely. Do I regret the experience? No. Because we were best friends at one point. He was someone I'd do almost anything for.

Again, I'm here to tell you that even though there are bad people in this world, people who mistreat you, you can always be the bigger person and let it go. Everything will be OK. Take it from me, someone who's literally been hurt over and over again by that same person.


Thirdly, I've had some of the most beautiful moments meeting people and giving talks. Definitely a shock when I was chosen to be one of the ambassadors for young women for a couple of programs. It definitely made me think about the choices I make and how I present myself to young women. I mean, no one wants someone who's constantly cussing to be an ambassador. So, I definitely took myself more seriously when it comes to influencing young people.

These are just some of the amazing things I've been through in the span of 4 months. But I finally took some time to reflect on my life over the weekend because I do feel like I've been more of a robot instead of a human being lately. So, here are the things I'm focusing on this month (which I've already started):


1) Relax and take a break 

2) Focus more on my health (both physically and mentally)

3) Read more (currently reading Chicken Soup for the Soul) 

4) Be wary of the people I let into my life

5) Spend more time with friends and family 


These are probably things that most people take for granted everyday. That's why I need to constantly remind myself what's important in life and what really makes me feel at peace.


So, I hope your month will be as beautiful as your soul :) 

P/S: Sorry for the hiatus x 

No comments:

Post a Comment