expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 12 October 2017

#DayOfTheGirl

If I'm being completely honest with you, I didn't know such a day existed. And personally, I think people should create more awareness on this particular day.




Yesterday, I saw celebrities like Beyonce, Lady GaGa, etc. supporting the day and that's when I found out about #DayoftheGirl 



I'm a very neutral person, I support all kinds of days - international women's day, international men's day, international parents' day - you name it.

Anyway, if you are like me - completely new to this day (concept) - the first Day of the Girl was officially declared by the United Nations back in October 11th, 2012.




So here are a couple of my own personal opinions on #DayofTheGirl :



1. I think girls should be given a choice to follow their dreams instead of being married off once they turn a certain age. Everyone should be entitled to make their own decisions. 

However, if they want to marry young, great, good for them, wonderful. But if they want to make it on their own, they should be given this opportunity and freedom - it's only fair. 




2. Girls should be taught at a young age not to rely on just males, but rely on themselves more. There are so many working girls out there trying to make it on their own and I completely respect that. I am one of them. 

Nowadays, there are so many single moms who are doing perfectly fine without a husband or a man or a partner, there are so many female entrepreneurs who are incredibly successful and doing well on their own. Every girl should be given a chance to experience that. 




3. I was fortunate enough to grow up in an environment that pushes me to study hard and work hard and that everyone is equal. However, girls, it all depends on yourselves too. Remember, you always have a choice! There are no rights and wrongs in life. Just good and bad lessons. 

So parents, if your daughters want to be independent and live on their own, please give them all the freedom and support (for the right reasons, of course). 






Girls are not meant to be married off at a young age and reproduce when they are not ready. Please let them have a say in it. Life is short. Let them be happy. 


Happy International Day of the Girl Child 2017 x 

No comments:

Post a Comment