expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 1 January 2017

5 Ways To Achieve Your New Year's Resolutions


OK. It's that time of the year again - where you go through the "new year, new me" phase.

You take out the fanciest looking journal you recently bought because whilst you were buying this journal, you thought to yourself "2017 is going to be my year" or "I'm going to make 2017 my year" or something along those lines. And while you were telling yourself that, you thought of all sorts of New Year's resolutions and things you actually want to achieve in 2017.


All I can say is - good on you, pal. I'm with you on that. 


But let's face it, one can never really fulfill and achieve the new year's resolution that one makes. Now, I don't speak for everyone but I know I normally achieve about 60% of my new year's resolutions and that's about it. However, in 2016, surprisingly, I achieved 90% of it. 

So, I'm here to share with you 5 ways on how you can finally achieve your new year's resolutions for once if you've never really done so. 

1. Be realistic with your goals
  • Be completely honest with yourself and ask yourself what you're capable of achieving. And then you can set your goals based on that. Things like "I want to lose 60 pounds in 3 months" or "I want to be a billionaire by the end of the year" are good goals but if you know deep down that you cannot commit to going to the gym for 365 days, then it's better to be a bit more realistic with your fitness goals. So, set aside an hour and reflect on yourself before writing down your resolutions in that beautiful journal. 
2. Create monthly goals 
  • This has helped me so much in 2016. Creating monthly goals is a great way to monitor your resolutions and keep track of what you're actually achieving in a month's time. So, start setting your January goals now and post it on your bedside table or on your laptop. I've already got mine set and it's a really good one. Keep in mind - be realistic
3. Be prepared for anything and everything
  • This is probably the 10% of why I did not achieve my 2016 goals. Because I'm just too rigid with my plans when we all know that not everything will always go according to our plans. I wasn't open-minded enough and I learned it the hard way. So my advice is to be prepared for better things or some sort of alterations when it comes to the not-so-good things. 
4. Add something new to your list
  • Switch things up a little. If you have the same goals in your list each year, over and over again, chances of achieving them are slim. Having things like "I want to look like a Victoria's Secret model" in your list every year or something like "I want to be a better person" are just too mundane. It's great that you want to be a better person, so instead of writing that in your list, write down HOW and WHY you want to be better and WHAT are you going to do about it.  
5. Be organized and keep planning
  • Let's face it. Resolutions and goals don't just pop out of nowhere on a random day. You have obviously put a lot of thought into it. So, invest just as much time to organize and plan how you're actually going to get there and monitor your performance every month (everyday, if you want). 


New Year's Resolution is a wonderful thing. You're taking a step forward to better yourself because you actually picture yourself going somewhere and being successful. But always keep these 5 things in mind otherwise you might just get too overwhelmed with everything that's going on around you. Focus on you and your goals. And yes, make 2017 a good one for yourself and for everyone around you. 


Happy New Year everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment