expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday 17 November 2017

Goodbye 25, Hello 26

5 days ago, I turned 26.


Oh yes. Goodbye quarter life crisis. 


In my personal opinion, I think we grow every year. Sometimes, we don't really notice it or realize the changes. But let me tell you. When you actually sit in silence and think about it, you can definitely notice a few changes - whether that's in terms of health, personality, career, or your perception of things, the world - people do change. 


I took the liberty of clearing my head over the week and write down everything I've encountered from last November till this November. So, here are a few changes I've noticed in myself. 



1) I tend to take good care of myself more - be it skin, diet, lifestyle - there's just more self-love involved 


2) Life starts getting more serious


3) There are more life decisions I have to make - and I don't mean "what's for dinner tonight" kind of decision. 


4) I realized that I don't want to be like everyone else around me - whether that's a more successful person or someone who looks prettier than me. I tend to be more real with myself. 


5) It is totally OK to have only a few friends to count on. I used to think that the more friends I have, the better. Oh my friends, take it from me. That ain't the case. 


6) I'm more grateful for what I have - in terms of health, family, finance, friends - just everything really. 


7) People's opinions on me don't bother me that much anymore. 


8) Family and close friends are so important. I think I tend to appreciate the time I have with my family more than when I was younger. 


9) Working hard, struggles, hardships - they're all part of life. It's a packaged deal, guys. So, whether you like it or not, we're all going to have to deal with it. 


10) Responsibilities - they do exist. And you need to take on more responsibilities as you grow. 



I've had an amazing, chilled birthday celebration. And let's see what 26 brings me.




Do you feel changes in your life when you wake up another age number the next day? Let me know in the comments :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment